VERTICILLIUM LECANII Biopesticide (1Kg) for White fly Pest
It is a biocontrol agent containing entomopathogenic fungus Verticillium lecanii.
• Verticillium helps to control all soft bodied sucking pests like Brown plant hoppers, Leaf hoppers, Scale insects, White flies, Gall fly, Aphids, Jassids, Thrips, Mealy bugs, Mites, Red spider mites, Ping mites, Purple mites, Scarlet mites, Tea mosquito bug, Black fly, Pod fly etc.
Verticillium is used for foliar spray and soil application. The normal dosage is 20 g per plant.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Verticillium Lecanii is an entomopathogenic fungus and it is widely used as a component of biological systems in agricultural crop defense. This bio-pesticide fungus which affects various species of phytophages especially on aphids, mealy bugs, thrips, mites, and nematodes.
- The spores of this fungus when come in contact with the cuticle (skin ) of targeted insects , they germinate & grow directly through the cuticle to the inner body of their host. The fungus proliferates throughout the insect’s body , draining the insect of nutrients , & eventually killing it in around 48 -72 hours.
- The white halo fungus is found effective against several species of sucking insects especially aphids, thrips, soft bodied scale insects white flies, mealy bugs and mites.
- The fungus then destroys the internal body contents resulting in the mortality of insects, It eventually grows through the insect cuticle and sporulates on the body of the insects to produce cyclosipeptide toxin called Bassianolide, which kills the insect in 4-6 days.
- The fungus gains entry through the cuticle by enzymes. It infects insects by producing hyphae from germinating spores that penetrate the insect integument.