Onion Seeds Packet
Onion- 150 to 200 Seeds Approx in Packet
70% Germination Guaranteed
Frequently Asked Questions
Planting And Care:
- Fertilize every few weeks with nitrogen to get big bulbs
- Cease fertilizing when the onions push the soil away and the bulbing process has started
- Do not put the soil back around the onions; the bulb needs to emerge above the soil
- Generally, onions do not need consistent watering if mulch is used
- About one inch of water per week (including rain water) is sufficient
- If you want sweeter onions, water more
- Onions will look healthy even if they are bone dry, be sure to water during drought conditions
- Make sure soil is well-drained
- Mulch will help retain moisture and stifle weeds
- Cut or pull any onions that send up flower stalks; this means that the onions have “bolted” and are done
Onion Improved Care:
- Select a location with full sun where your onions won’t be shaded by other plants
- Soil needs to be well-drained, loose, and rich in nitrogen; compact soil affects bulb development
- Till in aged manure or fertilizer the fall before planting
- Onions are heavy feeders and need constant nourishment to produce big bulbs
- At planting time, you can mix in some nitogen fertilizer, too, and side dress every few weeks until the bulbing process begins
- Seeding? Onion seeds are short-lived
- If planting seeds indoors, start with fresh seeds each year
- Start seeds indoors about 6 weeks before transplanting
- Plant onions as soon as the ground can be worked in the spring, usually late March or April
- Make sure temperature doesn’t go below 20 degrees F
- For sets or transplants, plant the smaller sets 1 inch deep, with 4 to 5 inches between each plant and in rows 12 to 18 inches apart
- Think of onions as a leaf crop, not a root crop
- When planting onion sets, don’t bury them more than one inch under the soil; if more than the bottom third of the bulb is underground, bulb growth can be restricted
You might also like
Carrot- 300 Seeds
Package Contents: 1 Packet of Carrot Seeds.
Carrot is eaten raw or in juice. This is a cool season crop that can tolerate temperate climate. Late
summer through fall is the best season for carrot cultivation.
16 other products in the same category:
The White Brinjal is a unique variety of brinjals which belongs to the nightshade family of vegetables. As the name suggests, the White Brinjal is clean white colored. Not so common in the markets, this variety is enjoyed in several cuisines. Although, you need to peel it before cooking owing to its thick skin.
White Brinjal Seeds - 50 Seeds Approx Per packet
Moringa Seeds ODC3 Variety Hybrid Drumstick Seeds - 15 Seeds Approx
It is used for cultivation and oil extraction and also for medicinal and herbal remedies, as nutritional supplements and for industrial and agricultural purposes. First yield start within 6 Month.
Ash Gourd Seeds- 15 Seeds Approx
Ash Gourd, also known as Winter Melon, Was Gourd or White Pumpkin is a large fruit rich in rich in vitamin C, B1 and B3. One of the most alkaline vegetables in the Indian subcontinent, it is also the most undervalued. The Ash Gourd contains almost 93% water and is very low on calories and fats but is loaded with fiber!
Sweet Corn is a starchy vegetable.1 packet contains 20 seeds of Sweet Corn - Seeds.
Sweetcorn Lark is a midseason tender sweet variety giving superior sweetness with a softer, less chewy texture than conventional super sweets. The large cobs, packed with golden, thin-skinned kernels, are delicious picked fresh from the garden and boiled, steamed or barbecued.
SEED TYPE : Non-Hybrid, Open Pollinated And Non-GMO
PLANT: Determinate, Good Foliage
FRUIT TYPE : Shape Is Oval, Uniform In Shape And Size,Skin Firm, Red With Slight Green Tinge At Shoulders, Glossy
AVERAGE WEIGHT : 2 Gms- 100 to 150 Seeds
FIRST PICKING : After 65-70 Days From Transplanting.
SPECIFICATION : Tolerant To Bacterial Wilt And Leaf Curl, Performs Well Round The Year.