Malabar Spinach Seeds
Number of Spinach Seeds (Malabar Spinach): 20 Seeds
Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
Sowing season: Summer season (the best month is April-June)
Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 to 1 inch deep in a Container, or Pot.
Germination Time: 10-20 days from sowing
Germination temperature: 25-32°C.
Harvesting: 60-80 days from planting
Frequently Asked Questions
- Select a container with uniform drainage holes at the bottom.
- Fill the container with a sowing medium.
- As a sowing medium you can use 2 part garden soil & 1 part any Organic Manure or 1 part garden soil, 1 part Coco Peat & 1 part Vermicompost.
- Make shallow holes ( 1cm) at a distance of 3 x 3 inches throughout the surface of soil medium.
- Sow 2 to 3 seeds per hole.
- Push the seeds inside the medium and cover them up with your sowing medium.
- If grown outdoors, make sure that you protect your seed beds from direct sunlight or heavy rainfall by making a temporary roof plastic sheet for first few days.
- Water your Spinach container everyday using a watering can ensuring an even shower.
- If you are growing spinach in your outdoor garden, sprinklers can be used.
- Add a good quality organic manure in the soil with 2:1 ratio before sowing seeds. organic fertilizer can be well rotten cow dung manure, farmyard manure, compost or Vermicompost
- You will notice that your spinach seeds have germinated within the first 6 days or even earlier.
- At this point tiny seedlings with first leaves will be visible.
- Keep one seedling per hole and cut off the smaller seedlings.
- Baby Spinach plants will be visible in 10-15 days.
- Mature Spinach leaves will be ready to harvest in 30-40 days.
- Spinach leaves can be harvested by cutting the mature leaves using a scissor and leaving the tender growing base to the plant for next harvest.
- You can keep harvesting Malabar Spinach as long as the plant survives.
- Spinach requires partial sunlight (3-4 hours) in summer & it can withstand full sunlight in winters.
No customer reviews for the moment.
Your review appreciation cannot be sent
Are you sure that you want to report this comment?
Your report has been submitted and will be considered by a moderator.
Your report cannot be sent
Write your review
Your comment has been added!