Siru Keerai (Amaranthus Polygonoides) Seeds Packet
Siru Keerai- 10 Grams- 1000 seeds approx.
Return and Refund policy
Planting And Care:
- Successive sowings will provide greens over a long period
- The leaves have a sweet, tangy flavour and are best cooked, raw leaves should not be eaten very often, as they are high in nitrates and oxalic acid
- Well, there really isn t much to it
- Amaranth seed is very fine
- If you grow leaf amaranth you want a large number of plants because you will likely harvest the whole plant while it is still young
- There is no point starting it in punnets
- Thinly sprinkle the seed on the ground and rake it in
- Like all fast growing leafy greens amaranth loves rich soil with steady moisture and a good supply of nutrients, especially nitrogen
- But it isn t as fussed as spinach or silverbeet would be
- Amaranth is much hardier
- It can cope with heat and dry conditions a lot better than any other leafy green
- If you are frustrated with trying to grow tasty, leafy greens in the tropic, amaranth is a plant you should start growing today
- Once established, amaranth needs little care
- It is more tolerant of drought than most other leafy vegetable and will tolerate a wider range of soils than other grain crops
Green Amaranth Care:
- Amaranth is responsive to nitrogen and phosphorous
- Plants grown in average garden soil will be four-feet to six-feet tall, while those grown in rich soil or compost may reach over eight feet
- Optimum soil is a well-drained loam but both plants will do well in all but poorly aerated clay soils
- Amaranth are grown from seed
- Amaranth seeds can be directly seeded into your flower garden, or started indoors for transplanting later
- Note, Amaranth plants are susceptible to frost
- Amaranth prefers warm weather
- If planting outdoors, sow Amaranth seeds after the soil has begun to warm in the spring
- We recommend an indoor start, six to eight weeks before the last frost in your area
- Sow seeds early in the season and cover lightly with soil
- Space seeds or seedlings 10-12" apart
- They will tolerate a little crowding, and look good in clumps or groups
You might also like
SEED TYPE : Non-Hybrid, Open Pollinated And Non-GMO
PLANT: Determinate, Good Foliage
FRUIT TYPE : Shape Is Oval, Uniform In Shape And Size,Skin Firm, Red With Slight Green Tinge At Shoulders, Glossy
AVERAGE WEIGHT : 2 Gms- 100 to 150 Seeds
FIRST PICKING : After 65-70 Days From Transplanting.
SPECIFICATION : Tolerant To Bacterial Wilt And Leaf Curl, Performs Well Round The Year.
8 other products in the same category:
SEED TYPE: Non-Hybrid, Open Pollinated, And Non-GMO
SEEDS: 350 Seeds Approx
SOWING TIME: Recommended For Year Round Sowing Except for May-June, Thus Very Late Bolting Variety.
PLANT CHARACTER: Plants Bushy, Profused Tillering, Numerous Side Branches
LEAF CHARACTER: Broad, Dark Green, Very Fragrant, Leaves On Side Branches Eatable Even After Bolting.
CUTTINGS: Number Of Cuttings Can Be Taken Till It Bolts
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Sow when night Temperature is 20-25°C
Plant height: 35 cm
Flower Size: 6-8 cm
Sowing distance: 30 cm Plant to Plant
Best for Bed Sowing/Pot
Sowing method: Seedling
Taishan is a better dwarf African marigold, with full plants and season long shows of high impact color.
Big, tightly petaled blooms on super–strong stems look terrific at retail with less waste, better overhead watering tolerance, and longer shelf life.
20 mm Drainage cell✔
500mm X 250mm X 20mm
Material : Hi-Impact Polypropylene
Compressive Strength / m2: Above 120 tons Tested
Weight: 225 grams
Flow rate: 8 L/S/Meter [email protected]%gradient
Surface Void Area: Above 70%
Internal Void area: Above 90%
Biological Resistance: Excellent resistant towards algae and mould
Chemical Resistance: Excellent resistance to acid, alkalis, mineral oil and bitumen
Service Temperature: -10deg C to 80deg C
|Size (Inches)||09 x 12 inch (Dia * Height)|
|Size (Cms)||22 x 30 Cms (Dia * Height)|
|Durability||~5 Years or More|
|Stability||UV Protected In Sunlight|
|Material||HDPE UV Treated Fabric|
|Drain System||Drain Holes Available in Bottom of the bags|
The soil is one of the essential components for the plants to grow. It serves as the growing medium for plants
1. Coco Peat Powder
2. Vermi Compost
3. Red Soil
4. Neem cake
5.Bio Fertilizers Mix - Azospirillum, Phosphobacteria, Pseudomonas, Trichoderma, VAM
|IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR PRODUCTS IN THIS CATEGORY|
This Product weight is more, so do not Add Door delivery, You can add with other product in Cart and choose Parcel Office delivery nearest your home for Less transportation cost on the Entire Order
Heavily discounted potting mix, red soil, coco peat and vermicompost are available in bulk packs. If you're a serious gardener, these are a must-have, and buying these in small packets is not feasible financially.
Package Contents: Steamed Bone Meal (1 kg)
- Quicker release of phosphorous and calcium than other organic fertilizers.
- Stimulates root development, increases crop yield.
- Finely ground, thus provide a quicker release of nutrients than the other coarser ground version of bone meal.
- Material: Plastic
- Color: White
- Product Dimensions Outer Pot(Top Dia x Bottom Dia x Height): 9.5 inch x 6.5 inch x 8.5 Inch
- Product Dimensions Inner Pot(Top Dia x Bottom Dia x Height): 9 Inch x 5.1 inch x 8 Inch
- Package Contents: 1 Outer Pot,1 Inner Pot.
- Ideal :Small Plants, Succulent Plants, Decorative Flower Pots
- Best For Indoor Garden Plants