Siru Keerai (Amaranthus Polygonoides) Seeds Packet
Siru Keerai- 10 Grams- 1000 seeds approx.
Frequently Asked Questions
Planting And Care:
- Successive sowings will provide greens over a long period
- The leaves have a sweet, tangy flavour and are best cooked, raw leaves should not be eaten very often, as they are high in nitrates and oxalic acid
- Well, there really isn t much to it
- Amaranth seed is very fine
- If you grow leaf amaranth you want a large number of plants because you will likely harvest the whole plant while it is still young
- There is no point starting it in punnets
- Thinly sprinkle the seed on the ground and rake it in
- Like all fast growing leafy greens amaranth loves rich soil with steady moisture and a good supply of nutrients, especially nitrogen
- But it isn t as fussed as spinach or silverbeet would be
- Amaranth is much hardier
- It can cope with heat and dry conditions a lot better than any other leafy green
- If you are frustrated with trying to grow tasty, leafy greens in the tropic, amaranth is a plant you should start growing today
- Once established, amaranth needs little care
- It is more tolerant of drought than most other leafy vegetable and will tolerate a wider range of soils than other grain crops
Green Amaranth Care:
- Amaranth is responsive to nitrogen and phosphorous
- Plants grown in average garden soil will be four-feet to six-feet tall, while those grown in rich soil or compost may reach over eight feet
- Optimum soil is a well-drained loam but both plants will do well in all but poorly aerated clay soils
- Amaranth are grown from seed
- Amaranth seeds can be directly seeded into your flower garden, or started indoors for transplanting later
- Note, Amaranth plants are susceptible to frost
- Amaranth prefers warm weather
- If planting outdoors, sow Amaranth seeds after the soil has begun to warm in the spring
- We recommend an indoor start, six to eight weeks before the last frost in your area
- Sow seeds early in the season and cover lightly with soil
- Space seeds or seedlings 10-12" apart
- They will tolerate a little crowding, and look good in clumps or groups
You might also like
Regular price ₹960.00 -₹160.00 Price ₹800.00
- On sale!
No customer reviews for the moment.
Your review appreciation cannot be sent
Are you sure that you want to report this comment?
Your report has been submitted and will be considered by a moderator.
Your report cannot be sent
Write your review
Your comment has been added!