Siru Keerai(Amaranthus Polygonoides) Seeds Packet
Siru Keerai- 10 Grams- 1000 seeds approx.
Return and Refund policy
Planting And Care:
- Successive sowings will provide greens over a long period
- The leaves have a sweet, tangy flavour and are best cooked, raw leaves should not be eaten very often, as they are high in nitrates and oxalic acid
- Well, there really isn t much to it
- Amaranth seed is very fine
- If you grow leaf amaranth you want a large number of plants because you will likely harvest the whole plant while it is still young
- There is no point starting it in punnets
- Thinly sprinkle the seed on the ground and rake it in
- Like all fast growing leafy greens amaranth loves rich soil with steady moisture and a good supply of nutrients, especially nitrogen
- But it isn t as fussed as spinach or silverbeet would be
- Amaranth is much hardier
- It can cope with heat and dry conditions a lot better than any other leafy green
- If you are frustrated with trying to grow tasty, leafy greens in the tropic, amaranth is a plant you should start growing today
- Once established, amaranth needs little care
- It is more tolerant of drought than most other leafy vegetable and will tolerate a wider range of soils than other grain crops
Green Amaranth Care:
- Amaranth is responsive to nitrogen and phosphorous
- Plants grown in average garden soil will be four-feet to six-feet tall, while those grown in rich soil or compost may reach over eight feet
- Optimum soil is a well-drained loam but both plants will do well in all but poorly aerated clay soils
- Amaranth are grown from seed
- Amaranth seeds can be directly seeded into your flower garden, or started indoors for transplanting later
- Note, Amaranth plants are susceptible to frost
- Amaranth prefers warm weather
- If planting outdoors, sow Amaranth seeds after the soil has begun to warm in the spring
- We recommend an indoor start, six to eight weeks before the last frost in your area
- Sow seeds early in the season and cover lightly with soil
- Space seeds or seedlings 10-12" apart
- They will tolerate a little crowding, and look good in clumps or groups
You might also like
SEED TYPE : Non-Hybrid, Open Pollinated And Non-GMO
PLANT: Determinate, Good Foliage
FRUIT TYPE : Shape Is Oval, Uniform In Shape And Size,Skin Firm, Red With Slight Green Tinge At Shoulders, Glossy
AVERAGE WEIGHT : 2 Gms- 100 to 150 Seeds
FIRST PICKING : After 65-70 Days From Transplanting.
SPECIFICATION : Tolerant To Bacterial Wilt And Leaf Curl, Performs Well Round The Year.
Seeds : 32 Tyeps
Carrot- 500 Seeds
Package Contents: 1 Packet of Carrot Seeds.
Carrot is eaten raw or in juice. This is a cool season crop that can tolerate temperate climate. Late
summer through fall is the best season for carrot cultivation.
8 other products in the same category:
The package includes one piece
It is made of matured bamboo
Single bamboo planter of average length 40cm - 55cm. Diameter is 8cm - 12cm
The planter also includes adjustable rope to adjust to the height required. This is used for growing cactus, succulents and many.
It can be used as both indoor and outdoor planters. It is also a great gifting product.
50 Pcs 53.34 Cm(L) X 27.94 Cm (W)X 4.5 Cm (H) Black, 50 Wholes, For All Vegetable, Flowers And Other Plants
50 Holes, For All Vegetable, Flowers And Other Plants
Re Usable And Easy To Handle Best Germination Trays Widely Used In All Nurseries And Home Gardens
3 inch coir pot. (8cm (top dia) x 5cm (bottom dia) x 8cm (height)).The thickness of the pot is 4.5 mm.
Best potting container for root aeration. Perfect for planting directly into the soil or larger pots.Minimal root disturbance promotes stronger, healthier plants. Made from biodegradable coconut fibre.
Natural fertilizer and pest repellent, rich in all essential plant nutrient. Apply neem cake powder when you prepare potting soil, 10-14 days before planting. When you use for established plants, apply it around the root area and ensure it is covered and mixed well with soil. Recommended quantity is 25 gms per pot. Note: Results of neem cake powder will be seen slowly over a period of time. Important: For better results add neem cake powder when preparing potting mix in the recommended ratio. Adding neem cake powder more than recommended quantity may kill the plant.
Made through 40 days of aerobic decomposition of Cocopeat mixed with following which are 100% natural
1. Cow dung
2. Goat Manure
3. Ground nut cake
4. Pungam Cake
5. Neem cake
6. Wood Ash
7. Steamed Bone Meal
8. Beneficial microbes - Azospirillum, Phosphobacteria, Pseudomonas, trichoderma
9. Plant leaves